Office Password Recovery Lastic
Lightning-fast password recovery for MS Office documents.
Crack MS Word Password
Recovery of lost password for MS Word documents is a very common operation. Luckily, you can restore or reset any number of Word passwords with a single click.
Open the document you need to crack, or perform the search operation. You should see opened documents in the main window:
You can see status labels next to each document, they signify whether or not a document has a password, if that password can be cracked or not, and the type of the password.
- <none> means a document doesn’t have a password and thus doesn’t need to be hacked.
- <enabled> means a document is password-protected and the password can be cracked (that is: recovered or cleared) with Office Password Recovery Lastic.
- <strong> means a document has a strong encryption password. Office Password Recovery Lastic can reset a password to open in MS Word 97/2000/XP/2003 documents (with a standard 40-bit encryption). Documents protected with a strong password that were created in MS Office 2007/2010 (with AES 128 bit encryption) can not be cracked.
To recover all passwords of all documents in the list simply click the Crack button. A progress indicator in the bottom of the window shows how the process goes. Once it finishes, you can open cracked documents in MS Word – double-click a document you need, then click the Open document button on the toolbar. Also you can use the right-click context menu. Note that this operation is available only after all passwords of the document have been hacked or reset.
Conveniently, you can copy any recovered password to the clipboard. Right-click the document you need and select the type of a password you want to copy.
Also, you can recover any single password in a document. Switch to the Password mode by clicking the Passwords button. You should see the following dialog:
As you see, a Word document may have up to four different passwords: a password to open the document, a password to modify it, a document protection password and a VBA project password.
Click the Crack button to crack all passwords of this document, or click the link next to a password’s name to hack only this particular password.
Note that cracking a password may mean either:
- Restore the password, that is, recover what the password was, so you can type it and gain access to the protected document.
- Clear the password, that is, reset the document to the “un-protected” state. So you don’t have to enter any password after that.
The exact action depends on the password type and the document version. For more info on password types please refer to this section.
After passwords have been cracked, you should see them in the list. A button next to a password allows you to immediately copy it to the clipboard. If a password was reset, you will see <none> instead.